Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday: Day 2 Carnaval

How can it possibly be Sunday already?  I guess it's okay because I still have two days before I have to go back to class.  I woke up and went into the house to have breakfast.  My sister was skyping my brother who is in England, so I got to meet him today.  He seems really cool, he welcomed me into the family.  For breakfast I was just going to have a banana but my dad was forcing me to eat more, so I ended up having two more rolls my mom made and tea!  After breakfast I cleaned up my room and worked out for an hour.  It felt good to be able to do some abs.  I'm going to make it my goal every morning to get up and do them immediately.  I need to! I showered and then I was called into the kitchen to eat and chat!  My dad had got out a squirt gun and was squirting everyone with water!  My mom got frustrated and took it from him and then squirted him.  He had gotten us all wet!  I guess I was warned about him.  We had choncho (pork) and motte (like corn).  We were enjoying the meal and the music my dad put on to dance to!  Hahaha can you imagine Carnaval music at about 12:30 and he decides to celebrate Carnaval with wine.  I have never had red wine before but my mom encouraged me a glass a day is good for the heart.  Thank God that's one problem I don't have yet.  So I drank my glass of really good Cabernet and my dad poured me three more.  Wow I was set!  I was a talker for awhile, my family got to hear some random stories.  Then my sister and my dad's sister and daughter came over.  Lunch was ready!  We had the typical soup for Carnaval which is motte pote or something like that.  Motte pote is a soup with choncho (pork) and motte (corn) and sausage, and my mom mixed some kind of seed in a blender with milk.  Very meaty.  There were even parts of the ribs from the pig.  Thankfully I didn't get a bowl with bones because, I wouldn't have known what to do with them!  Then we had tomales, which were really good.  Then my favorite dessert!  We had an orange cake and vanilla ice cream, of course I had seconds on dessert.  I think I am getting my share of meat that I usually don't eat.  After dessert we talked for about an hour and I had all I could do to keep my eyes open!  I had to go take a siesta.  I drank some more Lemon Flu and was passed out!  I slept till 7:30 and woke up to screaming.  My dad here was yelling at his brother and vice versa I'm not really sure what it was about, but it was enough for me to stay in my room and not go back inside for awhile.  It calmed down soon!  My mom came and called me in for dinner.  I had a choncho sandwhich and an apple.  I would have been just as happy with the apple.  I was craving fruit!  After dinner I got ready for bed.  Tomorrow my mom told me to pack extra clothes so I will be in for an adventure!  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment