Saturday, February 18, 2012

What a week?

Well this has been an eventful week to say the least!  I have been so busy, will feel good to get a 4 day weekend for Carnaval!  Carnaval is a celebration that takes place in Ecuador, I found out this week that it used to be the forty days before easter, so celebrating Passover.  People will throw water at you with water balloons, water guns, buckets of water, and of course silly string.  When people used to get hit with water it would mean that their sins were washed away and the person was cleansed.  So I guess thats a positive way to look at Carnaval, each time I get my sins are gone?  Hahaha idk but because I'm blonde and gringa I prlly will get hit a lot these four days.  I guess I already got hit enough already though.
Well monday morning came way to early but I guess it always does!  I had a presentation to give in Bio and then we had our group meeting!   Our group meeting was disaster because one of the girls that got really drunk on Saturday night was really sick and had no idea what she was doing.  She got really sick and they took her to the hospital.  It was really scared because I was with her Saturday and attempted to take care of her.  After our meeting I had spanish class.  After Spanish we found out the girl had got worse.  I felt like it was my fault and I should have called the director that night.  Everyone told me it wasn't my fault though.  I went home for lunch and did homework.  After my mom took me to a place where they have dance classes in the afternoons.  Then it was time for a siesta!  Siestas and doing homework is how I spend my afternoons by the time we finish lunch.  Tuesday was Valentines Day which I think is a big holiday here because everywhere you look, there are flowers, heart shaped balloons, and everyone is full of love!  I love it everyone is already happy here and Tuesday there was just so much more!  For bio we were suppose to go to the zoo but she couldn't get ahold of the guy so we went to her house.  Little did I know because I wore sandals!  Her house is in the middle of no where and its on a lot of land.  We were walkign around exploring the different hummingbirds and plants and my feet were just covered in mud! On my walk home from class I bought my mom a flower arrangement and I bought my dad chocolates!  My mom was very happy to see them.  I just had lunch with my mom because everyone else was busy with work.  My mom made a really good orange strawberry juice and lentil soup.  She also made this tuna and salsa filled pasta thing.  It was interesting, I haven't had that much tuna in a very long time.  After lunch I went over to Kim's house to study for our bio test and watch walk the line with her and her brother.  I walked home and had dinner with my family.  It was hilarious because my dad asked if he had to share the chocolates and my mom was like yeah lol.  I will miss this atmosphere of having a real family!  Valentines this year was by far one of the most exciting! Wednesday I had my Final in bio and I really needed an A on this examen!  The teacher understood from the last time because I was in the hospital and she knows I really like the class!  After the test I went to a cafe and got apple cinnamon tea.  I have been sick and really want to feel better soon!  My mom has sent me to the pharmacy twice already this week.  First I got cough syrup and then I got some kind of drop to relieve my pain in my throat.  I really wasn't feeling well so Thursday I went to the pharmacist and got something called Lemon Flu that the coordinator told me would make me sleep.  So the pharmacist gave me the tea as well as some tablet which I looked up and is like a claritin.  She also gave me an antibiotic and I asked her if I needed a prescription and she said no, I guess laws are a little different here.  she gave me the antibiotic and I didn't really care I just wanted to feel better.  I brought it home and showed my mom.  They told me not to take antiobiotic becasue there was no directions.  I took it anyway because how much miserable could I feel for Carnaval?  I felt better the next day and for the first time I didn't wake up coughing during the night or have to go to the bathroom!  It felt great!  I don't know which pill or tea made me feel better but I was happy.  I looked up these prescriptions online and found out when and how to take them so I'm not a druggy or anything.  My mom was okay with it because I was so much better already!  The antiobiotic I only take every four days and there is only three pills so I might not take the other two.  The claritin one is seeming to help the most with the tea.  Thursday I was asked to dance in the parade for Carnaval little did I know how long it would actually be.  It was a workout especially becasue I haven't in a while.  It was so much fun!  We got glittered up and had to wear dresses that revealed our bellies haha that was a wake up call on how many oreos I am sneaking.  It was fun and I will try and put some pics up if I get some free time during Carnval.  We also got sprayed by so many people with silly string and water we were drenched, but it felt good because we were so hot from the sun!  Me and two other girls went to a vegetarian restaurant with two of the coordinators.  It was so good!  I am going to miss the food here as well!  Why do I have to go back to the states again?  Well I went home to get out of the rediculous costume and then We had a group trip to banco central and got to learn about all the different cultures of Ecuador!  It was a cool experience.  After we went shopping and had dinner with Erin and Laura.  After I had to run home and shower because I had a date that night with Kims host brother!  I think the date was overall good!  It was a diffferent experience than in the states but hey it was something do and he was cute!  I had to go home early to finish my homework.  Friday I had to give my final presentation on medicinal plants from the Andes.  It went really well, I enjoyed the topic I choose.  Then I had spanish class and the girl that was in the hospital came back today!  Little did we know how bad it was going to be!  She had no idea who any of us were.  I have never experienced something like this and not only did it scare me, it made me very stressed because everyone wanted to help but everyone is telling her something different.  She had sent me a message asking to go to lunch on Friday with the group so I arranged it so we all could help her!  We went to lunch at new place and we got our soup.  You will never believe what was in this soup!  Cows feet and intestine and just about everything some pieces had hair.  Some girls ate everything but the meat but there was no way I going to touch it.  Thankfully our next portion was chicken lasagna with vegetables but the couliflower was purple, like really purple.  The dessert and the juice was probably the best part.  After we went to our favorite ice cream place to help Laura remember but we were having no luck.. We then went to a girls house that she remembered the most.  It got really stressful and we had to call one of the directors because we didn't know what to do.  she ended up going back to a doctor and got different medicine.  since this weekend is Carnaval she is staying at Kims house!  I love Kim she is like superwoman.  We went to an Italian place for dinner to try and relax and then went home.  By the time I got home like 10:30 I was passed out in my bed!  Well today starts Carnval so I have to watch out for my dad because he loves the water!  Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment