Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Birthday week!
Monday began with a bang! I got really sick Sunday night into Monday morning and literally thought I was going to die in the bathroom. Well, luckily I didn't! Monday I had biology and we talked about this program called REDD+ This program is very frustrating because it funds projects in conservation with their money, but they get their money from huge companies that emit carbon emisions. These companies basically pay REDD to keep running their companies with all of the carbon emissions, but yet this program is suppose to be about helping conserve the plants and animals and help prevent deforestation. So of course the other two girls in my class were sleeping while the teacher and I went back and forth on this subject. After biology I had my spanish final, which was super easy. It was suppose to take two hours and I was done in a half hour but then again, Present tense verbs?...Hello Freshman year spanish. After spanish I went with a few girls to the ATM to get money out for the Galapagos!!! Then I walked home. At home there was a huge chocholate covered cake waiting for me and my mom with a kiss on the cheek and a huge hug. We were celebrating my birthday today! Because Tuesday I leave for Quayaquil and Wednesday Galapagos. So we had a really good potatoe soup and some really good chicken or pork and rice and mixed vegetables. Then of course postre! It was a chocolate cake with manajar filling and mora filling, talk about a dream cake. Then we had coco and mora ice cream, it was perfect! the cake had two sparkly pink candles (20) My sister and mom sang to me in spanish and made me blow out my candles and make a wish in spanish and then they sang to me in english and made me blow out my candles again and make a wish in english. IT was by far an experience and birthday I will NEVER forget. I never heard my mom talk in english, so I was impressed! My mom gave me and alpaca scarf for my birthday that's aqua and black! I really felt at home and my family does a really good job of making me feel like I fit in. For dinner we had soup and two pieces of cake and my other sister and her husband came over to celebrate and my dad had just got home from work. Overall it was a good night that ended in packing for the Galapagos! Chau!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment