Monday, March 19, 2012

Friday was a normal friday, got up went for a run by the river, had breakfast, showered, and went to class.  I only had Spanish class on Friday.  I was the first student in class and the teacher discussed with me why I wasn't taking the class for credit.  I would take the class for credit but I don't need it, but I have to take a spanish class while in Ecuador.  She then told me that I should minor or major in spanish because I show such a strong interest in spanish.  That made me proud hearing that.  She boosted my confidence a lot.  I went home for lunch, it's lent so we had fish.  After lunch I had time for a quick siesta and time to work on some homework.  Then I had dance class at 6pm, it was fun!  We learned an arabian/belly dance then we reviewed salsa, and finished with a popular dance to a popular reggeaton song.  After dance class we went to Chiplote, the best place to get burgers in Cuenca, I believe.  After dinner we went to Kim's house.  We were going to watch Tangled but that turned into dancing on her roof because she has a good view of Cuenca.  Some of the girls left to go buy Rum, which personally I don't like so I stayed with Kim and Andres.  Of course her brother needed to talk to me but that 5 minute chat turned into two hours, because he got nervous.  He ended up asking me to be his girlfriend.  So I guess I could say I have an Ecuadorian boyfriend, whether that is good or bad.  Well eventually the night ended well and I went back home.  I woke up Saturday morning early because I had a ceramics class.  We all learned how to make ceramics and not on an automatic wheel, might I add.  It was indeed a workout for my leg.  I went back home took a siesta and worked on homework.  For lunch my mom and sister and I all went to the mall to eat.  My mom ordered me a chicken and steak combo with papas fritas.  I ate so much, but my mom and sister ate just as much, but then we all got ice cream and a cookie, talk about filling!  Needless to say I didn't eat dinner Saturday night and was fine with just tea.  Then I went over to Zoe's house and then we went to try out a new Discotecca, Gabbia.  It was different then we were used to.  But since it was a girls night, we had a lot of fun, plus since we are gringas, we get in free!  We stayed there until the club closed at 2am.   I slept till 11am Sunday because I was exhausted!  I got up had breakfast and went for a run!  When I returned I told my mom that I wanted to die in the kitchen instead of I wanted to watch her in the kitchen.  So that was funny for her.  I love watching my mom cook, she just loves being in the kitchen so much!  It's not like a chore for her, it's like a hobbie.  We had shrimp, chicken, carne de res, cebollas, peppers, mushrooms, and eggs to make on this grill we put in the middle of the table.  It was a lot of fun just talking and eating.  I was full immediately but my mom thought I was scared to get more food so she kept pillin it on my plate finally I said I was full.  My dad asked if I wanted wine and I said sure, but that one glass turned into three, because he doesn't ask, he just kind of poures.  For dessert my mom made apple cinnamon muffins!  They were so good!  I was falling asleep at the table because of the wine, so my dad told me to go take a siesta.  I think he planned this lol.  No but that little nap turned into four hours and I still had homework to do.  I was up till 11pm finishing it.  Monday morning came way to fast.  I had an education class, then spanish, then lunch break, then another education class.  After I went to buy a 70cent ice cream cone from the chocolate place and buy my dad some chocolates for his birthday tomorrow!  My dad is going to be 60 tomorrow!  That is crazy to me because he has so much energy!  Well the rest of my night is going to be spent reading Out of my Mind by Sharon Draper and I suggest everyone read this book!  It is excellent and I don't want to put it down!  Oh yeah, today I got a birthday card in the mail from my god-mother, Linda.  Not going to lie it made me cry, because I haven't talked to them in so long!  Linda if your reading this, Thanks for the card and picture of Taylor, I hope to see her eventually!  Chau!  Buenas Noches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment