Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hit On The Floor

Fridays will be nice because I get to sleep in till 7:30  I don't have class till 10:30!  I had Spanish, which is really easy but I am focusing my attention on my pronunciation, since that is important!  After Spanish, I went home for lunch, we usually eat at 1:30 and because in Ecuador it is the most important meal, it's the largest!  For lunch we had spinach soup and then a pork chop, rice, and a vinegar mango orange tomatoe lettuce salad.  I started feeling really lightheaded again during lunch and randomly got white and sweaty.  My family thought I was homesick but I just didn't feel good, lunch is so large here, it is hard for me to eat all the food on my plate but it's so good!  I took a nap to rest up for the evening out.  On my way to out Salsa dance class I stopped and bought a pair of pumps to go with my dress.  Watching all the girls in my group trying to Salsa was hilarious some people just couldn't keep a beat, some had problems moving their arms, and other's simply looked like robots.  It was just as fun watching them dance because I have already had salsa classes.  I got called up front to dance with the instructor and show off my skills,  I was so excited because that is something I love and am good at!  After dance class we went to Chiplote (not Chipolte).  They had a happy hour so after dancing some of us thought we could use a well deserved drink.  I ordered a Sex on the Beach and that drink was so strong probably doesn't help that I normally don't drink.  What's a drink without nachos?  Then we were off to Kim's house to get ready and that's where we were safely spending the night.  We got all dolled up and went to a bar first.  Our table of 7 girls and 2 boys ordered their 3 beers, a friend and I got vodka and tonic water which was like doing shots of vodka, and then some ordered a rum and coke.  After the bare we headed to the discoteca!  We walked in and no one was dancing so of course the americans will start the party!  We chilled on the couches and danced the night away.  At one point three of us were dancing and one of the girls got asked to dance and then one of the girls brothers (our chaperone) came out to dance and a guy came up to him and asked him if he could dance with me!  Hahaha of course I'll dance, 1- boys in Ecuador dress really nice, 2-smell really good, 3-barely sweat, 4-this one was tall, 5- boys dance with you not behind you, 6- when the opportunity knocks, DANCE!  So I continued to dance with this guy even when all my friends were sitting down.  One of the girls started dancing with the owner of the club and he invited us to go up on stage and dance!  How cool!  I can now say I danced on stage at a club!  He started to play more American music once he met us and then we really started dancing!  I had so much fun and the guy I was dancing with was such a gentleman and a really good dancer.  He spoke little English but I found out he was 18, and his name was Leonardio or Leo for short!  His personality alone was hilarious everytime something funny happened he made this face that I will never forget!  Overall it was a good night, probably not the smartest decision to wear brand new heels to a dancing club but I wore them the whole night and am paying for it today!  We all needed breakfast so went to our coffee shop and since it was 10am we decided we might as well get ice cream while we were out!  Today one of my sisters picked me up and we went to the mall to eat and explore and then we met up with the other sister and went to her house to watch Contagion and Crazy Stupid Love.  After we came back had sandwiches and homemade hot chocolate and finished homework.  I'm going to bed now because tomorrow we have our trip to Ingrapirca and am currently running on four hours of sleep!   Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment