Monday, April 23, 2012
The last week has come
Friday was a good day went for a run and then I had Spanish class. After spanish we had a group meeting for cake for one of the girls Birthday's. We had torta mojado which is this delicious chocolate cake that is drenched in chocolate. After I went home for lunch, we had ceviche, which is not what I was hoping for. I'll admit I have started to like shrimp a lot more than when I got her but it something about a soup being cold. It reminds me of shrimp drenched in ketchup. I was full from cake so I asked to save it for dinner. After lunch I went to get my nails done again for 3 dollars! So cheap and worth it. After nails we had our last dance class. It was a good dance class we learned dances to three or four different popular songs. After dance class I went home for dinner, Yum ceviche was waiting for me. I also got to have a cheese sandwhich. After dinner I worked on homework and decided to go out for the last time in Ecuador with my friends. We went to Gabbia and danced the whole night. I had nothing to drink but one of my friends was doing a shot so I decided to do my first shot in Ecuador. It was something cherry passion. It tasted like cough syrup and I don't desire to do one of those again. Saturday I woke up and was going to go for a run but my family wanted me to have breakfast with them and then go for a run, so I did. I got back wrote another paper and my mom and I went to Lunch at Tutto Freddo. We split a vegetarian pizza and got ice cream. She talked to me about how much everyone in my family loves me and she mentioned my dad gets teary eyed when they talk about me leaving. They said I was a calm student and didn't cause any problems, except I went through their ceiling and was sick for the first three weeks. lol She didn't mention any of those things. I am really going to miss my family here just as much, they will always be in my heart as my momma says. After I walked around the city with one of the girls and took pictures. Of course we hit up happy hour and I got a screwdriver for $2. Then I bought the Vow, which is not even out in the states until after I get home, so exciting! Saturday night I watched that movie and balled. Sunday morning my family all had breakfast together and we all did our own things. Lunch was at three and my sister and brother n law came over to celebrate my sister's birthday and my despedida. It was sad but the food was amazing. Of course both desserts had nuts, so I got some chocolate wafer, I guess my mom back home always makes something special for me, which I appreciate, it sucks watching everyone else eat their dessert in front of you. After I took a little nap and went to meet Teresa's real family that lives in Cuenca. They were so nice and funny. I enjoyed talking with them. They brought out pictures and everything. They even served us all neopolitan ice cream, cheesecake with maracuya, sweet cinnamon sticks, and homemade potatoe chips. It was a good night. Monday mornign came way to fast and today has passed so quickly. After Spanish I went home for lunch and took my bookbag to get fixed again. Then I went to a nursing home to see what they were like in Ecuador, the one we went to was very nice. I also bought Manjar for my family back home to try and to make alfores. Well off to finish my last paper and work on Spanish chau! Feliz Cumpleanos to my sister Rosana :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment