Monday, April 9, 2012
Playas!
Wednesday mom said we would have chocolate cake for dessert so instead of going with my friends, I went home. Lunch was good but for dessert we got one pretzel stick with chocolate. haha Gotta love mom. Thursday morning at 5:30 we headed out to Playas! We took a 3 hour bus ride to Guayaquil then got on a public bus from Guayaquil to Playas. Everything worked out and when we arrived the weather was beautiful. We went to our 9 person hotel room and changed into swimming suits and checked out the beach! It was so nice outside. It was kind of cloudy the first day and not many waves, so leave it up to me to think of something no toys? There are always rocks, so we played catch with rocks! Probably not such a smart idea but if someone were to get hurt it was going to be me. Luckily, no injuries! It was about three o'clock so that meant the famous empanada shop was open! I got a nepolitana empanada. They have cheese, ham, oregano, and tomatoes, it is similar to a pizza. We headed back to the beach and the sun was finally coming out. Of course there had to be men in uniform nice white clean uniforms! Men in uniform, why not be polite and say hi to everyone? That was just me from our group though everyone else was scared or something. Then we saw this guy taking pics of the "ocean" and we was wearing some nice tight swimming suit thing and a nice body to show it off. So I waved to him, and the other girls with me got all embarrassed because sure enough he came over to talk to us. Turns out he is a soldier and is 20 years old. Yes! I keeping talking thinking I scored one but his friend who he calls Winnie the Pooh comes over and wants to take pictures. We stand up and he is short! So sad :( so much for that one. Well we took pics and in the meantime we all had sand in our pants from sitting in the sand. Well turned out to be an interesting afternoon and we headed back to shower before dinner. We went to an interesting sandwhich shop. I got a turkey sandwhich and iced tea! So good! Friday morning of course I was one of the first ones awake so I checked my email and hopefully I will be living in the international dorm next year with some other people! Best news of the week! Well everyone eventually woke up and we headed downstairs for breakfast. We had eggs and toast. We were shortly off to the beach. Thursday was all sun and crazy waves! It was a good day. For lunch we went to another Empanda place and then back to the beach. It was about 6 and we went to all the different little stores, most people bought a new dress. I didn't see any I would ever wear besides on the beach so I saved my money. We went to get dinner and we had empanadas again. We showered and got ready to go to a discotecca. It was fun! I had to dance salsa with someone as old as my dad so that was awkward and then reggeaton came on so Laura and I were dancing when we got asked by brothers to dance. So okay they looked more our age. Well I was wrong. She got the 25 year old brother and I got the yep 16 year old brother. Well good thing was that he was tall, bad thing he has never danced really ever before. He would ask me if we could dance like that, ha you just feel the music and dance. He was nice and funny so I guess it was okay, I got to be his first gringa dancing partner! Saturday rolled around and I was burnt and I used SPF 100 haha the sun is crazy here. So we went to breakfast and got fruit juice and a sandwhich. Went to the beach. Saturday I got smart and wore my tankini. The waves were hard and huge Saturday. They knocked you down faster than you could stand up. It was a good day to just enjoy the sun. The sell watermellon and mangos with salt all over the beach so I got my fill of fruit. For lunch, Kim and I went to this Jamaican restaurant and got the best hamburger I have ever had. It had the meat and ham and cheese and tomatoe and lettuce and potatoe chips, so good. The we had a natural homemade limonade! Best $3 ever spent. We decided to go back to the hotel to swim in the pool and relax in the air conditioning. Good choice. We showered and by 930 we were going to dinner. We went to the sandwhich place again. I had mango juice, turkey sandwhich and french fries! There is a cookie on the coast called Alfores con manjar. They are so good. My mom is giving me a recipe and making them this week. They are kind of like a sugar cookie with majar filling. Manjar is like caramel and peanut butter but no nuts. So good! Sunday everyone cept for me slept in. I woke up skyped my mom and Tyler and went to a bakery to meet a nice couple. I figured I wouldn't get a chocolate bunny, so I got pinneapple upside down cake and chocolate milk! They had Alfores for $.50 so I bought five of them as well. They all slowly got up and we went to breakfast. It was like 1130 so I had a chicken taco. And we were off to the bus station and back to Cuenca. When I got home I was greeted by my mom and sister. They were just preparring my dinner. My mom made her famous apple sauce kind of drink! And we had really good meat, rice, and french fries. For dessert we had 3 leche cake. Its really good. Last night I got to skype my mom and Reed and my friend Tyler. I really miss them! Well off to class, another 3 day week because of Cuenca days, Yay Parties!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment