Thursday, April 12, 2012
Reality check
Monday was a normal day had Education and Spanish, and a group meeting. For lunch my made like a macaroni and cheese potatoe soup and then we had little barbequed chicken legs and wings or ribs. I don't really know but they only way to eat them was with your hands. I was told to pick them up and not use my silverware and I had to. It was quite the experience but they were really good! Then I went back to class. After class we had handicrafts class. I really enjoy crafts so I was excited! We painted boxes and then we used recycled magazine articles and glued and painted them on the box. Mine turned out quite interesting! I have no idea what i am going to do with it, but i'll figure something out. I went to get a chocolate bunny for easter from my favorite chocolate place and I paid $6 for a damn hollow bunny. Here it was hollow it was gone faster than 6 seconds. Oh well its a sign the chocolate ladies are cutting me off! Then I went home and my mom was making We had tea and cookies for dinner! How healthy. This is what I have been struggling with this week! Tuesday, my mom made fanesca for good friday and saved some for me. It is a soup they eat on good friday here. It has twelve grains for the 12 apostles and then it had fish or something for jesus. It was really good my mom does not like a lot of salt or fishy flavor so she made her sauce and put it on fish and shrimp and put a scoop on top of the soup! It was so good, I can't wait to make it for my mom back home. Then my mom made steaks and rice and salad. I was so full!!!!! It was just my mom and I home for lunch and it was hilarious, we got talking about congrejos which is red crabs. I could not think of the word in english. My mom thought it was red hawk but I think her pronunciation was just wrong. She searched her cook books for a picture. Found one and I remembered duh. So the "b" sound in spanish is difficult. It can sound like p, v, or b. My mom said it all. It was hilarious when she said crap and I laughed so much. No no mommy crap is a bad word. I told her it was similar to caca. And she was so embarrassed. Makes me think what I say to her lol. So we finally got crab and we had a nice chat! I love my mom! After lunch I went shopping and got all of my souvenirs for people! Then I had another handicrafts class, to finish our boxes. Wednesday I had a spanish test, I thought it was pretty easy. I know I got messed up on a few verbs but they were silly mistakes. Well I'm learning from them! I went to lunch with the girls after. We started at some hostel. We all got empanadas and then ice cream but that didn't fill us up so we went and got hotdogs after! I need an intervention! After I had class and we talked about LGBTQ clubs, which is a hard subject for me to talk about. This class makes me feel comfortable in voicing my opinions, because I shouldn't be judged. After class I picked up my ceramic pot. Then two other girls and I went to happy hour. $1.50 coctales! I got vodka and lime. It was good but I also got chocolate crepes. What a combo. Well the drink was good and didn't taste strong at all but it didn't take me a long time to feel it. I had to get salchipapas in order to walk home because I needed to soak up the alcohol. Well my dad greated me at the front door. Of course I think he knows now that I had one drink. My mom and sister were home and all ready to eat of course omg I was soo full. Well of course my mom made the lentil filling, full of fiber soup and then she bought these huge, cheese filled empanadas. What a day I have never ate so much. I was winded form eating. When we finished all the girls wanted to go out cuz a club was playing electronic music. So I went out with them all. I got home around 12:30 am. At black their special was rum and coke so I got two rum and cokes with the other girls. I have never had rum before, so I was feeling pretty confident. Thursday, today I woke up early had breakfast with my dad and went to the migration of police to get a certification senso to leave the country. After we went to a new cafe I found. They are Americans who own this cafe and they have a discount for students and free WIFI and free refills on coffee. Well I got a coffee and a cinnamon roll. We had run into them another night as well and of course I'm the talker of the group so I needed to learn their life story. We then went to find another girl and later we found mora cheescakes so we all got one. So good and so healthy with fruit on lol. I don't even want to know my weight. We went shopping. Finished my souvenirs and I found this really cool guys shop. I bought a bracelet that is made out of a spoon and has a stone. It reminded me of the spoon ring I have from my great grandma. This place had stuff only from Ecuador so it was cool! I ordered something to get costum made for my mom and I hope she likes it! Later we went to an organic healthy smoothie place run by new americans in Ecuador! It was so good. Then I got mail at CEDEI. I got an Easter card from my god-mother! I really appreciate all the mail I am getting from her. Well tonight I have to register for classes for next semester and possibly go to bed early! chau!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment